Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day!

In honor of Labor Day, I thought I'd participate in this little blog game.
It's about...well, labor. And not the kind you get a day off for, either. Far from it.


How long were your labors?
Hmmmm,why is this so hard for me to remember?
Baby 1-

Water broke at 7pm, Contractions started at 9:30am (yes, the next morning), baby born at 6:00ish pm (I am a really horrible mom who doesn't remember the exact times her children were born!) So....8 1/2 hours?
Baby 2-
Contractions started at 9:00ish pm. Baby here at 6:20 am. 8-9 hours
Baby 3-
Contractions started at 8pm stop at 11. Start the next morning around 9:00am. Baby born at 3:07 pm. 6 hours

Were they born on your due date?
No Stinking way....that would be way to easy.

Baby 1-- 10 days late
Baby 2-- 10 days late (do we see a pattern here???)
Baby 3 -- 6 days late (thank you... and to think I really thought she was coming early. HA!)

How did you know you were in labor?
Baby 1-
Water broke
Baby 2- Contractions started
Baby 3-Contractions started

Where did you deliver?
Hospital...about 3 minutes from my house. Convenient, huh? But I really did contemplate a homebirth with #3. Really....call me crazy.

Drugs?

Nope...we did a Bradley Course for natural childbirth before Charlotte and used all the principles for the other 2. It really was an amazing experience and I had a Great coach! Couldn't have done it without him! Favorite quote of all time? (not that that's a part of this little questionnaire)

“We have a secret in our culture.
It’s not that birth is painful... but that women are strong.” – Laura Stavoe Harm-

C-section?
Thankfully no. I know there are plenty of women, and lot of my friends who have had to have c-sections and I hear the recovery is killer. I definitely don't understand the phenomenon of women actually opting for c-sections (a MAJOR surgery) when there is no medical reason to. But that is another post for another day.

Who delivered?
My trustee and faithful midwives from Central Carolina OB~ L.O.V.E them! They are a great team of midwives and helped me have the births I want!

Happy Labor Day Folks! Enjoy those little "Labors" of Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share... I love to hear from readers!