Saturday, September 5, 2009

My Heart's Desire...

For years I have made goals every "semester"... a habit well established back in college. For years they were lengthy goals that went along with every aspect of my life. I had a lot of goals, meaning I had a lot to evaluate each week, month, semester. Though I still have many of those same goals, these days I need a more condensed version to "spur me on" for the upcoming months.

So here I share with you My Heart's Desire for the fall... I may not always be the perfect wife, mom, child of God....but My Heart's Desire is to grow in so many ways and to strive to be the best wife, mom, child of God I can be.


-I want to lose 15 lbs. I know you may not think I need to lose 15 lbs, but trust me... it's there... hiding in places I try to keep well concealed.

-I will spend more time time in the evening "screen free" and have more candlelight conversations with my husband instead.

-I will pursue women in different lifestages...older, younger, married, singles, empty nesters, widows, etc in meaningful ways

-I will find a new mom to encourage.

-I will engage my children in more purposeful play

-We will go see the leaves in the mountains this fall and maybe even go pick apples!

-I will enjoy Greensboro and NC for all it has to offer.

-I will simplify my life by de-cluttering, and keeping only what is absolutely necessary

-I will read 1 novel. I don't do alot of reading these days...and when I do I feel it is about parenting or Christian Living. I can't remember the last time I read a piece of fiction....I know, I am a horrible example to my kids.

-I will develop a better "plan" (one that is attainable) for the spiritual growth of our children

-We will have more people over for dinner....even in the midst of our wild llamas...we will invite them to share in this crazy thing we call our family.

-I want to speak more of God's word/promises to people around me... meaning I have to know more of God's word.

So....
What is your Heart's Desire for the fall?

4 comments:

  1. One of the things I've been thinking about developing is more faith-filled activities/traditions to share with other families (and hopefully, I will then do them with my boys). I think that a lot of moms (and dads) would like to encorporate their faith into everyday life more, but need some help in the idea department. Let me know what you come up with. One thing I really like is the Crown Financial bank for kids that teaches about giving, saving and spending. While we're at it - I also want to develop a "crazy box" of stuff that you could pull out to channel the crazies out of your kids in a pinch - instead of trying to scream them out. hmmm....Not that I do that you know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I always intend on being more purposeful and deliberate (but rarely get there). You have officially spurred ME on to make my own list. My family will thank you... Great idea, my creative friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great list! hey, to answer your question---girl they are leggings from target! they have a bunch of em and i use them for all of my short dresses! i usually raise them up to my mid-calf and put some cute flats or dressy heels on the bottom. good luck!

    suz

    ReplyDelete

Please share... I love to hear from readers!