Monday, February 22, 2010

What’s in YOUR Crock Pot? Tortilla Soup


Don’t get excited honey, we aren't having Tortilla Soup tonight… sorry ~~~
I must admit, I am not the best crock pot cooker. 
But when I do come across a great treasures of a recipe I hold on to them for dear life. 

Here is my recent fave from my friend Kelly Shay.

1 Word… YUMMO!

Slow Cook Chicken Tortilla Soup

4-5 chicken breasts (put them in whole)
1 jar of corn and black bean salsa
1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
1-2 cans of white corn (undrained - you get more liquid if you put 2 cans)
1 can of green chilies (I leave out if serving children)
1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
tortilla chips
sour cream
shredded cheddar cheese

Mix first 6 items together in slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.
Just before serving use two forks to shred the chicken.
Serve over tortilla chips. Top with cheese and sour cream.
Serves 8-10.



I am linking up with Smockity Frocks who is hosting this little
What’s In Your Crock Pot Link Up…
Hop on over to get a WEALTH of crock Pot recipes! 
I am Bookmarking her page!

My only Question… Why didn’t She run this little link-up in the fall…
When it was getting cold??  I am starting to think “grill” not “crock Pot”.

PS- don’t miss my Cure for the Winter Dry Skin Blues!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I'm bookmarking this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...I love tortilla soup, but I've never tried to cook it. So, I guess I'm gonna give it a try some time this week. Thanks for sharing and here's a little something for you.
    http://a-mom-life.blogspot.com/2010/02/unexpected.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm... I love tortilla soup! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Please share... I love to hear from readers!