Monday, December 14, 2009

Who is this Baby Born in a Manger?

 I remember reading in Noel Piper's book, Treasuring God in our Traditions, that if strangers from a distant land who may have never heard of Jesus came into her home...she wanted to make sure they were not confused about what was being celebrated.  I would want the overwhelming response to be

"who is this Christ child born in a manger?"

Welcome to Little Llamas!
I am joining in with The Nester on the Holiday Tour of Homes!


Christmas Tour of Homes with The Nester
 
We have only been married 7 years, so our decorations are few and meager, but I LOVE them!
 


Photobucket

I love these Wise Men candlesticks above my kitchen sink... a great reminder to kneel at His feet.


Photobucket

I love filling this platter with Greens that I pick up at Christmas tree lot
(many lots will give you their scraps for free!)


Photobucket

This is our little kitchen corner.  I bought the peace sign this year. 
I am sucker for signs... I need a sign detox program. 


Photobucket

I bought these balls a few years ago on clearance after the season... forgot about them last year. 
They are debuting in my kitchen this Christmas.


Photobucket

This was a new purchase for 2009....Isn't it beautiful?  Only $10!
I love displaying Noel in our home!
Born is the king of Israel!


Photobucket

This is our Mantle, and one of my most favorite parts of decorating.
I display my grandmother's old Nativity mixed with greens and candles. 


Photobucket

A close up of the Shepherds and Joseph, Mary and Jesus.


Photobucket

The Wise Men


Photobucket

This cross I bought last year, and it displays the Nativity scene.
I hang it in our entry way, right above the table below


Photobucket

Our box of Christmas cards representing the 3 trees and a nativity scene carving.


Photobucket

My ever growing snow globe collection... we lost one last year due to tiny fingers. 
At least once a season I will wind them all up at the same time --- a little crazy, but just makes me smile.


Photobucket

The tree in all her glory! Here are a few of my favorite ornaments!


Photobucket

A 2001 Reed and Barton Sterling Cross... my first nice ornament I bought when I was single (bought the Spring after in 2002 on clearance).  Decided I would buy a silver cross every year...until I found out how expensive a new one would be each year!


Photobucket

This nail is to remind us of why Jesus was born to begin with


Photobucket

This is a Gorham silver plated cross I found at Belk.  I have 3 and bought them the first few years we were
Then this year I found a 3 pack of mini Gorham crosses at TJ Maxx.


Photobucket

Then this is one of a group of crosses from Wendel August Forge in the Grove City, where my mom lives!


Photobucket

This would be a Wal-Mart $1 ornament!


Photobucket

I think our first or second year married I found this at Walmart.  I have never seen them again.  I LOVE it. 
It is made of very thin pearly glass and every year I am SO scared it will break.  It only cost $10 to buy in 2002 but it is irreplaceable to me.


Photobucket

These were my Grandmother's angels... special to her since she had 3 daughters.


Photobucket

Amazingly ironic (or not) that the same year I had just purchased these 3 angels at Target.


Photobucket

Our Advent wreath sits on our Dining Room table... I know we are missing a few (or four) candles.
Note...if you need new Advent Candles, do NOT go looking for them the 2nd week of Advent.


Photobucket

And our advent devotion... we are reading a "Name of Christ" each day and adding it to our wall...
Eventually building a Christmas tree! 
The kids have enjoyed this!

So thanks for coming over to see our Holiday decorations!  So glad you didn't see the un-swept floors and toys EVERY where in these masterfully staged and cropped pictures!  HA!

Stay tuned for more things we do other than decorating that we try to do to and put our focus on Christ this season!


 
post signature

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I really enjoyed reading about your focus on Christ this season. Love the devotion idea. Maybe we'll use that someday.
    I also enjoy looking through some of your other blog posts. I noticed in one of them that you said you had a hard time spelling vacuum. I had a 5th grade teacher that fixed that one for me. She always said "'u' vacuumed twice." Never forgot it. My husband's my editor. I guess he found a couple of mistakes in my latest blog. Off to fix them! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my post! It is so fun to "visit" other homes and see all the fun ideas people come up with. Sadly, all your pictures showed up with a little red "x" for me. =( Might just be the computer I am on...

    I wish you and your family all the best this season. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the advent tree!!! Very clever. Thanks for visiting Seek the Triad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures and the focus. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Please share... I love to hear from readers!