Friday, October 2, 2009

When I was 4 years old....

When Charlotte is older I pray she will look back on her childhood and remember this day forever....


Boots were worn...


The Buckaroos all came...

Cake was eaten...
(Why yes, I did make that Cowgirl boot cake!!)

And this little cowgirl turned 4.
Is she not the most adorable little cowgirl ever?
I just want to sign her up for Howdy Doody.

There were Galloping Races...
And preschool square dancing...

And then there was Tina. Tina the Pony!!
Yes, I am that mom who got her daughter a pony for her birthday party.

Baby Henny slept through most the party...

And we got a semi-decent family picture...
they may not be looking but at least they are smiling!

Charlotte, we love you little girl and are SO thankful to have you in our family! I can't believe this girl is already 4! It was an awesome party and hopefully she will remember this for the rest of her life.

------------------
Thinking of that--- hoping she remembers this day has made me think about what I remember from being 4. Then the sober reality that she WILL remember being 4. I hope she remembers this great party and these fun memories....but sadly there is SO much about my parenting that I hope she forgets... I have been thinking a lot about this lately. Thinking about my parenting... thinking about the memories I am creating for my children.

Stay tuned... I plan on blogging about my thoughts on this and some action steps I am taking to create God honoring memories to fill my children's hearts.

3 comments:

  1. Now that looks like a super fun party!! Those red boots are priceless!! (I like Mom's boots too)
    And that cake... definitly mom of the year worthy!!
    Happy 4th Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looked like an awesome time! great moms think alike! beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much fun! she is the cutest little cowgirl. wow, can you believe she's 4?! that's so old. sending you an email in a minute...

    ReplyDelete

Please share... I love to hear from readers!