Friday, May 15, 2009

I am Queen!


What a nice early mother's day gift when I was tagged by Jodi over at They're Only Little for a Little While and awarded the PRESTIGIOUS
Queen of all thing Awe-summm! award.

Who me? Awesome??
So I am supposed to list 7 things that make me
Awe-Summm and then pass the award on to 7 bloggers I love. Make sure to tag the recipients and let them know they have won! Also link back to the Queen that tagged you (that would be me)

It is so hard to "toot your own horn".... doesn't it boost your ego? Make you prideful? Well, sometimes I think it helps to remind ourselves that we really are great women doing the best we can at this thing called life. Living life, loving God, and trying SO hard to love our Children.

Here goes...
1. I have had 3 children in the past 3 and 1/2 years.
I think that alone makes me AWE-SUMMM...or maybe just CRAZY!

2. I am quite handy and love to fix things. Put up light fixtures, assemble toys. I love a good challenge and anything that requires a drill.

3. I'd like to say I am a pretyy good cook. Though lately we are doing "quick and easy"

4. I have an amazing husband who affirms me every day that I am doing a great job even when I feel like I am not

5. I am loved by the Most High God... forgiven and redeemed. Yeah, I guess that should have been number 1, but I do NOT have time to edit.

6. I love a good bargain... and I have found some great treasures for very little $$.

7. I am committed to not losing myself, my identity, my Joy in these challenging years of "mothering little ones". I still want to be beautiful (both inside and out) for my husband and the world and myself. I still want to impact women for Christ. I still have a long list of hobbies or possible careers that one day I might just pursue. I will not forget those things.


So, I won't call it bragging or boasting...but reminding myself that I am great.
Correct that...I am AWE-SUMMM!


And so are the following 7 bloggers!

1-Kelly over at
Kelly's Korner
I just think she is a down to earth girl who I could be great friends with! And I think she looks like Blair from facts of life... I know, I know... she is probably SO tired of hearing that.

2- Tracey over at NC Computer Mama
Tracey is witty and has an adorable chunka monka baby!

3- Cameron at My 3 Boys
Cameron and I went to High School together....we weren't all that close, but mommyhood and the blog world can unite anyone! She has a great outlook on life and her boys are adorable.

4- Suz over at
Steece's Pieces
I stumbled across this blog when i was searching for a friend pregnant with quadruplets. WOW. This girl is my age, had 4 babies...at one time. And looks AWE-SUMMM!
This sweet friend is pregnant with her 3rd baby, and her brave little boy Sam has down syndrome. He is a heartbreaker and she has an amazing view of God and a peace that surpasses understanding.
She also had a cute little store that sells candles with all sorts of sayings, monograms, etc here

6-Erin over at
The Ussery Life
She is raising 2 adorable boys in the most fabulous place ever!
And she makes the most adorbale hand painted signs here

7- Carolyn at
Radical Womanhood
She reminds me that I am first a woman who is a daughter of God, before I am a wife and mother. And by being a Godly woman, I will enjoy my role as wife and mom SO much more.

3 comments:

  1. This made my day! Thank you for the shout out:) Your blog is so fun. Makes me want a 3rd....:) I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my word, woman!!! thank you SO much for the incredibly kind words! ;) (you sure know how to make a gal blush!) love the blog and appreciate you so much.

    blessings!
    suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the fun shout out! I guess you are packing up for project!! We are so sad to not be there. I think I will miss project even when I am seventy. We are coming down for parents weekend so maybe we can see each other!
    Good luck with the packing!
    love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Please share... I love to hear from readers!