Friday, February 27, 2009

Forget about it Friday!

What is it about Friday?

It's not like as a mom Friday is a work day and Saturday is an off day. But still...TGIF! Friday just reminds us that the week is over... And we made it. Did we make it? Sure we did. It is Friday, and my kids survived another week with me as their mom. However, there are a ton of things that happened this week, or that I did (or did not do) that quite honestly I would rather forget.

So.... Let's Jump in to Forget About it Friday!

-I licked peanut butter off all 5 fingers of my 2 year old instead of getting up and getting a wet paper towel

-I gave my kids strawberries and whip cream for a snack, and admit that I served them a 2nd bowl of just whip cream.

-I attempted to do 3 days worth of Beth Moore Lessons in 30 minutes the day of Bible Study. Can you say Procrastinator??

-I have tried to smile nicely when people keep saying "you still haven't had that baby???" No, I STILL haven't had that baby yet.

-I wiped my child's nose with my hand way too many times to remember.... and I wonder why I am sick?

-My culinary skills were critiqued by not only my 3 year old, but my opinionated and quite verbose 2 year old...as they proclaimed "Grandmommy makes cornbread with stew". Well, we had biscuits. Sorry! (it was a very cute moment that had David and I laughing) I was also corrected that stew is served in a bowl, not on a plate. All righty then! We'll leave the Stew up to Grandmommy!

-Adding all the cookies together, I probably ate a total of 2 boxes of Girl Scout cookies entirely by myself.... totaling I am sure well over 2,000 calories and I am sure 100g of Fat. And people wonder why I birth almost 9lb babies. Hmmmm..... we just won't look at the scale at Dr.'s this week.

-A friend wrote me a note and I admit I had to look up a word because I was not certain what it meant. I had a good guess, and I was pretty close...but admittingly her vocab is way better than mine.

And these are just a few of the things I would rather forget about this Friday... and you can forget you ever read that they happened!

On a serious note... it is comforting to know that we can proclaim like Paul in Philippians:

"Forgetting what is behind, and straining towards what is ahead, I press on toward the Goal to win the Prize which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 3:13-14

What a comfort to know we can forget about it and move on! I am far from the perfect mom, the perfect wife, the perfect friend. I make mistakes all week long. Big ones too! I find comfort in knowing that can I press on towards the goal, and forget about what is behind me. And even in some of the BIG mistakes (like majorly losing my temper at my kids, or a grumbling heart towards a situation or person) I find even more comfort that "As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us." (Psalm 103:12) Even God forgets about it! (see Isaiah 43:18)

So, let's Forget about it Friends! Enjoy the Weekend and Press on!

What are you wanting to Forget about this Friday??
Do Share with me! And I promise to forget I ever read it!

2 comments:

  1. Carrie, You made me smile! I want to forget that I let Caden watch TV for an hour TWO days this week in my bed while I slept. I'm even more embarrased to say that it was at like 6:45. I know you would LOVE to sleep until 6:45! So just forget that I ever told you that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is licking the peanut butter off his fingers so you didn't have to get a paper towel - that is so something I would do, and I don't have the excuse of being pregnant!

    I hope that my kids and I can forget everytime that I said, "I am really about to lose my temper" this week as well as the times that I did so with no warning. Patience is certainly a virtue that is learned and earned in this family.

    ReplyDelete

Please share... I love to hear from readers!